Tethering is one of the most important workflow enhancements for photographers that will not only make your workflow faster but also makes it possible to for example “project” your images over the layout of the magazine/flyer/etc. you are shooting for. But it also makes it possible for the client to see the results right away on a separate display so you as the photographer can continue working, plus depending on the software you chose it’s also possible to connect presets to the incoming images so you can show the “end result” straight out of the camera. With modern cameras, the demand for tethering solutions has also become more demanding. That’s why we decided to bring IQ-Wire to the market.
IQ-wire is the “next generation” in tethering, and not only speeds up the transfer of images and connection but is also super stable when transferring huge amounts of data where other solutions often show small hiccups or even misses images, IQ-wire will keep up the pace as long as your computer and camera are fast enough.
We’ve done several tests with a Sony A7RIV on the highest frame rate (and RAW of course) and the IQ-wire and Capture One didn’t miss a beat, this is very impressive considering the amount of data going through the cables.
IQ wire has the following advantages:
- available in 5 and 10 meters without extensions
- USBC to USBC (also available for USB3)
- Convertors available for Mini/Micro USB and USB-A
- 2 in-line boosters on 10 meters and 1 in-line booster on the 5 meter
- both straight and angled connectors
- clearly labeled connectors
- protection caps for the connectors
- industrial design for extra long life
- flexible cable design
- IQ connect connectors for super-fast connections
- Fire red color and boosters light up making the cable very visible in a dark studio
- although “never” needed, both boosters support external power
- velcro strap delivered to neatly bound the cables after use